Friday, March 4, 2011

SYSTEM!!!

System Of A Down. I never really listened to any music until my brother had me listen to System of a Down one day when we went to the movies :O It was amazing. I love them. Now I used to claim that they were the greatest band ever xD I've come a long way since then :P But I still love them and their nu-metal ways.

Now I'm a big hater on the elitist music people...but not going to lie. I respect System of a Down a lot more than Lady Gaga even though she might have  a lot more fans. Gaga glorifies sex and drugs. System of a Down writes songs about the horrors of war and the want for the world to recognize genocides they ignore.


They are in town the day after I turn 19. I cant wait. IT WILL ROCK!!! :D They've released five albums and their last one was in 2005 and most of the members went off to their own side projects but they are reuniting for a tour this year :)

They are one of the few bands who have released 2 albums that have reached #1 on the Billboard charts in the same year. They share that record with The Beatles and one (maybe two) other bands I don't know.

They do alternative/nu-metal. Which basically means they rock heavily sometimes and less heavy other times.  Daron Malakian + Serj Tankian are perfect together. Daron does coke and rocks hard and all he cares about is kicking ass. Serj cares about making political points. Combine the two and you get FUCK YEAH POLITICS SONGS!!! Or...songs about masturbating on feet....or....your dead pet bunny rabbit :_:

ANYWAYS. Time to post some of my fav. songs!

Psycho (live) - at 3:08 starts a 2 min long solo that gets NUTS
Toxicity Music Video
BYOB Live
Cigaro (live) dirty talk ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment